Thursday, 22 May 2014

The Queens of Shoes

If a picture is worth a thousand words, why not use images to help secure the meanings of the court cards in your head? To this end, I thought we could KICK off today (see what I did there?!) with an exploration of the Tarot Queens through the medium of HIGH-HEELED SHOES!

*very scholarly face on*

The Queen of Swords

Clever, sharp, possessed of a razor wit and allergic to all sorts of flattery or bullshit, the Queen of Swords needs something suitably spiky as her footwear.  I picked this because of the fantastic spiked heel, airy cut-out feel and butterfly motif!

The Electra by Sophia Webster


The Queen of Wands

She helps us handle everything in our lives with passion - if you're not going to do it REALLY WELL, why bother? says the Queen of Wands.  Mediocre isn't a word in her vocabulary and she likes to see every challenge as an opportunity.  She can be relentlessly upbeat - very tiring for the rest of us! She is also passionate about passion, hence I chose something really stand-out-sexy for her - tadaaaaah!


Leopard-print Louboutins, of course!


The Queen of Cups

This Queen is focussed on relationships and is very much in touch with her emotions - and helps you get in touch with yours too.  The power of emotions help us to create  - and experience - our inner world, regardless of whether we make love, make oil paintings, make music, make friends or make peace.

I wanted to find something that was 'of the sea' so chose shoes with pearls!  And since she is all about relationships, what better than a pair of lacy wedding shoes?

Yes, she would rather be wearing flip flops - but one needs to SUFFER for one's high heel

Queen of Pentacles

This Queen's power is related to home, health and wealth.  She appears if we need to ground ourselves  - a spot of gardening, meditation, physical activity, care of your health, redecorating the spare room etc. But if any Queen was going to extoll the virtues of a the wellington boot, it would the the Queen of Pentacles.  But since there's no such thing as a practical high heel..... I had to do a powerful lot of googling. Googling shoes.  What hardship.  But the struggle was worth it, for I found this: 

Grrrr - have lost the source link for this image, sorry!

But shhhhhh, don't tell the other Queens or they'll want them too!

11 comments:

  1. Queen of Pentacles wears Birkenstocks. Google 'ugly shoes' - I dare you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They b'aint Heel Highs either, so she wasn't allowed them :-D She would be barefoot by choice. But given this weather, her footwear of choice would be a welly, I think :-D

      Delete
  2. Or wooden clogs!!!
    Great Idea. I love the Queen of wands her high heels :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clogs! Interesting idea, Ellen! I have a Dutch friend who does actually wear clogs around the house. I feel for her neighbours in the flat upstairs lol!

      AX

      Delete
  3. Totally perfect, Alison. And I understand the compromises, particularly for Q of P who likely wouldn't be caught dead in anything but 'sensible' shoes. Those butterfly spikes, though, sooo perfect for Q of S. Ah, I get it. We could have a shoe-themed Tarot! It could work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Shoe Themed Tarot! Now you're TALKING!!! We could have a lot of fun with that :-D

      Delete
  4. Hmm, perhaps there's more Queen of Pents in me than I thought, cos hers are the only one's I'd wear by choice :D Fun post, Ali, thanks!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Like you I prefer flats for comfort, but for BEAUTY I'd rather google pictures of high heels :-D

      Delete
    2. Well, for sheer beauty I'd definitely go for those Queen of Swords butterflies! :)

      Delete
  5. This is perfect, alison, well done! Especially q of s.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty stunning heel highs, aren't they?!

      Delete

Share your thoughts about this!